Challenge: A well know manufacturer of consumer and industrial appliances faced a business contraction due to world events resulting in the need to reduce budgets. The company had leveraged cloud heavily and was highly optimized. They needed help to identify savings.
Solution: Cloud Cost Optimization
- Collated billing, usage and design artifacts along with cloud spend analysis tool output for a single account
- Analyzed 10 dimensions of design and spend (tools initially provided only 3D) to produce prioritized target list
- Developed dashboards and reporting to ensure accountability with the BUs
- Provided both strategic architecture guidance and tactical insights to drive out unnecessary cost
- Documented recurring savings of $35K which were achievable within 5 business days, with all savings realizable within 30 days.
- Identified a potential security exposure of >50% of data stored in the cloud was not encrypted, violating corporate standards
- Identified high probability areas of additional savings within the single account analyzed worth up to an additional $275K annually
- Saved enough money in the POC to alleviate budget issues and provide funding to address the entire enterprise cloud spend
- 11% reduction in cloud cost within a single cloud account
- Identified a Reserved Instance marketplace to realize additional savings and provide flexibility in place of multi-year committed contracts offered by public cloud providers
- Provided a workplan, schedule and dashboards to enable change and track results
If you have questions or would like to get started, chat in the lower right or email email@example.com. Find out more about our cloud practice here.