Lessons Learned After Interrogating Over 1 MILLION IoT Devices
Why this is important:
• By 2023 the average CIO will be responsible for more than 3 times the endpoints managed in 2018
• IoT devices in 2021 will reach the eye-opening 46 billion
• By the end of 2021, 31 new billion IoT devices will be installed around the world
• IoT attacks were up 300% in 2019 and in 2020 increased by 152%.
• 84% of security professionals believe IoT devices are more vulnerable than computers due to poor patching and credential rotation.
• 20% – 30% of networks are made up of IoT devices and many of these devices lack basic hygiene
Staggering IoT stats:
-26% are end of life
-50% have default credentials
-50% have Vulnerable Firmware
-18% have Critical Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs)
Phosphorus is THE tool to secure the rapidly growing and often unmonitored enterprise IoT landscape. Providing visibility down to the device model and firmware version for all embedded devices on your network. Phosphorus allows firmware updates and rotate credentials at the click of a button.